Checklist for New Competitors
- Dancers must be registered with ScotDance Canada. Take this card to every competition or risk not receiving awards.
- Register for desired competition(s).
- Highland ghillies
- White knee socks (or tartan socks to match the same tartan in the kilt). Dancers should have elastics at the top of the socks to prevent the socks from falling down. The top of the sock can be folded over the elastic so that the elastic is not seen.
- Black underpants or same color underpants to match kilt
- Kilt or kiltie (the kiltie has less material and is great for primary or beginner dancers)
- White highland blouse
- No jewellery is to be worn.
- Hair should be tied back neatly off the face (i.e. bun or french braid).
- Please let Jennifer see the entire outfit prior to the competition.
- Highland vest with white blouse or Highland jacket (with dickey)
- The decision of a judge is final and no discussion or correspondence can take place between a judge and a competitor or the parent or guardian of a competitor regarding any decision made by that judge. Judges' marks are only available for scrutineering purposes and are not made public.